Having a go-to weekday salad that I can quickly prepare for my family which is filling and tasty is tricky with two picky eaters! This simple steak salad with a tasty yogurt dip has been a real winner with us all as it is full of flavour while being really filling too. Adding some crusty bread to the dish is something my girls like to do as they like to dip it into the yogurt, and it surprised me just how much they liked the yogurt dip even though it had a strong hit of garlic in. If you prefer a more subtle taste just use one clove of garlic as it is quite strong with two.
I love to eat salad and with a family to cook for simplicity is the key for me, as sometimes I don’t want to spend hours preparing a meal. This salad for me has everything I love to eat, a healthy salad, protein from the steak and a yogurt dip which is bursting with flavour. I love the zing of citrus fruits so adding some lime juice gives a lovely lift to the salad and the girls love to have some lime wedges on the side so they can do it for themselves too. It’s really refreshing to cook a dish like this for the family and encourage the girls to try a meal that is out of their norm, even better that they enjoyed eating it and were keen to have it again too, which is music to my ears!
- 1 Steak cooked and sliced
- Baby salad leaves
- Baby spinach leaves
- 2-3 radishes sliced finely
- Red pepper sliced thinly
- Yellow pepper sliced thinly
- Green Pepper sliced thinly
- 2 Celery sticks sliced
- Ribboned carrot
- 1 avocado sliced
- Finely chopped parsley
- Finely chopped coriander
- 1 lime cut into wedges
For The Yogurt Dip
- 1 Carton plain yogurt
- 2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- Handful coriander finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Place the salad leaves and spinach leaves in a large serving bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients and mix until combined.
- Season the salad and add a squeeze of lime juice before adding the cooked sliced steak on the top.
- To make the yogurt dip add the finely chopped garlic, lime juice and coriander to the yogurt and mix to combine transfer to a serving dish and serve with the steak salad.
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed reading about my recipe for Steak Salad With A Simple Yogurt Dip. If you like what you read, subscribe to my blog by adding your e-mail address to the box on the right. You will be the first to hear of my updates.