South Pacific Bread & Butter Pudding
My OH is from New Zealand and loves a taste of the South Pacific, I am always looking for a taste of home for him, so I put together this easy recipe with him in mind. I like it in these individual dishes to serve and it is just perfect with some ice cream served warm.
- 8 slices of Brioche Loaf ( I used Sliced Brioche Pasquier)
- 1/2 tin coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 130 g milk chocolate, melted
- 2-3 teaspoons of caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/gas mark 4.
- Remove the crusts and cut the brioche slices to fit the baking dish.
- Spread the brioche bread with the melted chocolate and arrange in the baking dish.
- Mix the coconut milk with the eggs and whisk.
- Add the mixture to the baking dish pouring over the sliced brioche bread and chocolate.
- Sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes and serve.
This recipe will serve two, and you can vary it by using dark chocolate or by adding some fresh coconut to vary the taste.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my South Pacific bread and butter pudding, let me know what you think of it as I value your feedback.
Thank you for reading, if you liked what you read, subscribe to my blog by adding your e-mail address to the box on the right. You will be the first to hear of my updates.