Piper Home Security
In our household especially we are in and out like a yo-yo, my OH is a shift worker and I don’t drive so have to walk here, there and everywhere which then obviously leaves our own dwelling often empty. So we were so happy when we received the Piper security system to review, and we have been reviewing the system for the last month.
Not only did we find ourselves checking up on the kids but when we were all out, we also were able to check in with the iPhone on what our cat Toots was up to. This was a constant habit for us all, (especially the girls) to do when we were out and it gave a real piece of mind to know that she was safe at home. I think if you have pets such as cats or dogs the Piper can give you reassurance when you are at work or out, knowing that they are safe and also that you can at any time just check-in on your phone or tablet to see them.
I know this is something that my in-laws would really benefit from as they have two dogs and while they are at work, they do worry about them being home alone, and this system would give them the flexibility to not only check-in on them but change the environment to suit them if necessary. The home automation on the Piper would give them the ability to remotely alter the temperature, the lighting and even the humidity of the room or rooms (depending if they had Piper systems in each room) this gives so much flexibility to the user, and most importantly piece of mind.
The beauty of the Piper system is that not only can you monitor your room remotely, you can set up notifications to be sent to you via text, phone-call or email based upon movement in the room, and it also has the ability to record that feed as well.
I found the Piper really user friendly, very simple to set-up and navigate though, and I liked the fact that the fish-eye lens has a 180 degree aspect, it gives you so much more control over the environment which in turn gives you security and reassurance of the safety of the whole room.
- It is an all-in-one home automation and security device to place in the rooms of your home.
- You can very easily connect your smartphone or tablet to control the Piper.
- Piper can be set to monitor the environment while you are out with notifications you choose to receive on your smartphone or tablet.
- Piper will work with iPhone 4s and above (at least ios 6) and Android 2.3.3.
- The video monitoring aspect of the Piper can be accessed while you are out on your smartphone or tablet and you can use the 180 degree feature to monitor the whole room if necessary.
- An HD fisheye camera gives you a live view of the room as well as recorded capabilities.
- You can customise your Piper device to control not only the security of your home but also the home automation accessories to control the lights and appliances, all done remotely.
- Home automation allows to monitor the environmental aspect of the home (or room) including the temperature, humidity, activity and ambient light.
- There is a built in high quality microphone for sound detection and also an Intruder Deterrent Siren.
- You can opt to receive any notifications via a phone-call, text message, or email.
- Included you will recieve a wall mount, an aluminium stand, batteries (very useful) and a power cable.
- Purchasing the Piper security system is a stand alone price with no monthly contracts.
- The Piper is very easy to install through ITunes (Piper Mobile) or through Google play (Piper Mobile) and once installed is easy to navigate to set up in your home.
- The beauty of the app is that it is really simple to use and control.
- You can use the Piper to check on your pets during the day, as well as checking on your valuables in your home.
The Piper Security System is £159.29 per unit as a one off price (no contracts) and you can add a Piper to any rooms you wish for security and piece of mind. I think this offers very good value to protect your valuables, and if the unthinkable did occur and an intruder did break into your house, you can set the Piper to record the footage and have an alert to notify you immediately.
For more information on the Piper security system and all the additional accessories you can buy, head over to the Piper website (getpiper.com) where you can find all information on the stockists and additional product details.