I have been following a lighter, healthier diet over the past few weeks and have been reviewing the fast and efficient Bella Extract-Pro Blender (read my review here), from using the different features on the blender I have come up with some tasty and fast smoothies for the whole family, here is one of my favourites as it is so easy to make in the morning with no fuss at all. What is great about this recipe is that it is so filling, and the addition of the almonds and oats makes it really creamy and satisfying.
- 1 cup strawberries – fresh or frozen
- 1 banana – fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 handful of raw almonds
- 100-150ml almond milk or 3-4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup – optional
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth, you may find you need to add a little more almond milk or natural yogurt to get the desired consistency.
- I have experimented with soaking the almonds overnight in water to soften them a little and this works really well, you could also do this to create your own almond milk rather than having to buy it.
- The maple syrup is optional, and I have also tried it with honey which works well, although the sweetness of the fruit is just fine without any additions.
- Once blended to perfection – drink and enjoy straight away!
This recipe is so fuss free and it is a great way to start the day, It has been a favourite of Lara and Siobhan’s that they love to help me make it in the mornings and it is good to be able to give them a healthy start to the day which is also really filling. The addition of oats and almonds give it that extra element to keep you fuller for longer as well as adding a thicker creaminess to the smoothie.