It’s that time of year again to spoil all the Dad’s in your life and let them know how much they mean to you, just in case you forgot Father’s Day is on Sunday June 19th – put it into your calendar and take a look at some really special and thoughtful ideas below to inspire you this year.
Men can be notoriously hard to buy for, I mean come on there are only so many pairs of socks you can buy and I tend to reserve the ‘typical man gifts’ for Christmas time anyway. One of the gift ideas I love to give as a Father’s Day gift is always a personalised gift, it let’s the recipient know that you have put a some love and effort into the gift and my daughters always give something to their dad that is personal to him and he treasures those gifts.
My ten year old daughter asked me why we have Father’s Day, and my reply was that it’s a day we can celebrate how much we love all that dads do and let them know how very much we appreciate them. She right away started making her dad a card to tell him what a great Father he is and her little picture on the front of the card, of our little family letting dad know how much we love him and all that he does really epitomised Father’s Day. Tell him that you love him and give him something special which will remind him every time it get’s used that he is loved.
1. An ideal gift which you can add some personalisation to from Getting Personal is the Personalised Wallet Set (£29.99) in black PU leather which comes in a gift box with a twist ballpoint pen and a matching PU leather keyring. A lovely idea for Father’s Day as I find that wallets and key-rings are items that men rarely buy for themselves so why not treat the dad in your family with this great trio which and you can add up to five initials to personalise the wallet as well. Even if you have left Father’s Day shopping a little late this year Getting Personal ship quickly, this wallet set came within three days even with personalisation and once you buy online they dispatch within 24 hours, good to know if you are short on time.
2. With the weather warming up the Heirloom Plants Compendium (£18.99) from Ivy Press is a perfect idea for all dads who love to potter in the garden. Packed full of information and ideas on growing heirloom vegetables, fruits, plants and flowers which are based on the seed catalogues of Thomas Etty each page has detailed profiles of the heirlooms giving advice to grow your own and try something really different. A fascinating read which will have any dad getting inspired to grow some wonderful heirlooms which are interesting, rare and unusual.
3. I was so thrilled when the Getting Personal order came and when I unwrapped the Personalised Milan Watch (49.99) it exceeded my expectations. I wanted to gift a watch which was elegant and unique and this stylish Milan watch ticked all the boxes. Housed in a sturdy black box and wrapped around a soft cotton ‘pillow’ the watch for protection the watch not only tells the time but has a small display next to the three displaying the date as well.
The black leather strap with black and silver face look stylish and I think the watch offers really great value for under £50. You can go ahead and personalise the watch on the reverse of the face too (take advantage of previewing your text online) with two initials and up to 16 characters to appear under the initials. I am so excited to gift this on Father’s Day as I know my daughters dad will love it and the personal message on the back of the watch face (CH Beloved Daddy) makes this a stand out gift idea.
4. Most dad’s have mobiles and nine times out of ten phones tend to be put in trouser pockets when not in use (or wives handbags!) so the Anti-Radiation Case £29.99 from WaveWall is a practical and thoughtful gift idea for dad this year. In classic or flip-style the cases are very slimline and give protection from radiation caused by mobiles which can drastically affect fertility in men.
Such a great idea as most men I know keep their mobiles in either their back or side pockets without a thought about any damage that could emit from their phone. another gift that is really quick to ship too as I had my order within 48 hours. Pair the phone case with the WaveWall Anti-Blue Light Screen Protector ( £7.99) which not only protects from screen damage but for all those dad’s who use their mobiles in bed, this nifty screen protector will help to filter out the blue light from their mobile which has been proven to contribute to inhibiting quality sleep patterns.
5. Every morning the first thing that most dad’s do is to put the kettle on and have a morning cuppa. What better gift than to give them the perfect mug to use every day to remember that they are so special to you. The Father Mug (£19.95) from Doris & Co is very carefully wrapped and boxed to gift (you can even add a message card) and is a piece of finest English creamware which any father will treasure. From the boxed presentation to the quality this is a gift to treasure and the detailed blue botanical design and ‘Father’ wording is just perfect for Father’s Day.
6. If your dad is more of an on-the-go dad, perhaps he likes to fish or hike or like my daughters dad is a keen triathlete – always out early for an brisk swim! Even though he is out he still wants to take a hot drink with him to have post swim and the Insulated Coffee Mug £19.95 from Anatom Footwear is so ideal as he can make it before he goes out and it can help warm him up after his chilly lake swimming! Not just for hot drinks of course the double insulation will keep drinks hot or cold – beer or coffee perhaps?!
* This post contains PR Samples. For all information please read my disclosure here. *