This year we have gone all out to treat dad this Father’s day and the girls have made some really lovely cards, a cute hand made box and even some handmade wrapping as well. Father’s Day is a chance to let dad know how much he means to the family and how much he is appreciated, my girls always really look forward to treating their dad and collude in secret leading up to Father’s Day on every aspect of the celebration! This year for us it’s even more special as we have had a really tough year, hence the huge celebration. He is off work this Father’s Day (he is a paramedic) which is a rarity, so we are making sure he has a great day and enjoys getting thoroughly spoiled by us! Below are some further ideas which we feel would make ideal gifts for dad’s this Father’s Day and if you missed my previous posts on gift ideas for dad’s this year take a look HERE, HERE and HERE for some inspiration.
1. PNY Powerpack ALU 2500 £11.99 This nifty credit card sized rechargeable battery bank will become your dads new favourite addition to his wallet as the ultra thin design is easy to carry and will give one full charge to his smartphone (Apple, Android, Windows and Blackberry compatible) when needed. If you have ever been in a situation where your smartphone has run out of battery power you will know how infuriating it is, having the PNY Powerpack handy will quickly restore a full charge to continue using the phone – such a useful smartphone accessory!
Also from PNY is the Duo Link Apple 3.0 from £38.99 to £93.99 is a flash drive to connect an Apple iPhone or iPad making it quick and easy to transfer files, photos or videos straight onto your PC. Such a handy accessory to have to free up space on your iPhone or iPad and being able to transfer data without cables or wires will make it so much easier not to mention the speedy transfer time too. With no battery or charging to worry about this useful flash drive makes a wonderful gift idea to free up room on iPhones and iPads and also gives a fast way to back up all iOS contacts and music to ensure no data is lost.
2. Pantherella Monogrammed Luxury Socks £20 These handmade monogrammed socks are just perfect for Father’s Day and add a touch of luxury to any outfit. You can add up to seven characters to the socks and even choose between gold or pewter grey thread as well, the finish is just lovely and with eleven colours to choose from you are certain to find the right colour for dad. What I love about gifting these Cotton Isle Danvers from Pantherella is the total luxury from every aspect, each pair of the cotton monogrammed socks are beautifully gift wrapped, boxed and tied with a Pantherella ribbon and the luxury socks not only add a touch of sophistication and style but are exceptionally durable and practical too. Not your average sock by any means and such a touch of luxury for dad to enjoy – be warned he will want more pairs!
3. Scruffs Workwear From £29.95 I have three favourites from Scruffs workwear for Father’s Day although there are plenty of ideas and inspiration online that would be ideal for dad this Father’s Day. I’m a huge fan of Scruffs Workwear for their top performing clothes and shoes, primarily aimed at tradesmen but equally ideal for anyone who needs high performing workwear which boasts a host of high tech features and materials.
The Scruffs Active Kit Bag £29.95 is a spacey 75L to keep all it’s content safe and secure and has the benefit of multiple zipped compartments/pockets and also a separate boot compartment. This kit bag is a very durable as expected from Scruffs and makes such a perfect idea for Father’s Day as it has multi-uses for any dad, use as a travel-bag, a sports-bag an overnight bag or even a tool bag. The fact it has plenty of zipped pockets and also a boot compartment makes it even more indispensable – I can’t wait to gift this on Sunday!
The Scruffs Hooded Fleece £32.95 not only looks stylish but has plenty of technical features to ensure ultimate in performance. What I value so much about Scruffs Workwear is the combination of style and performance and this translates to each item so well. The hooded fleece is a go-to item for dad to add to his wardrobe as it is lightweight micro-fleece, has two zipped pockets, hood with adjustable cord, has reflective piping and is very durable. Such a great item to keep in the car or kit-bag when the weather calls for something warm to throw on and as it is so lightweight it takes up very little room.
The Scruffs 3D Trade Trousers £54.95 are the ultimate in ‘work’ trousers for any DIY dad’s out there as they have so many technical features for tradesmen to get the most out of. Although these are aimed at tradesmen if you have a dad/granddad who likes to turn his hand to DIY these are so ideal as they are made to withstand plenty of wear from building work. They are ergonomically designed, made of very hardwearing fabric, have hidden holster pockets, a handy hammer loop, a pen pocket, a phone pocket, a builders ruler pocket, knee pad pockets, YKK zips, reflective piping and come in three leg lengths. These are the trade trousers that combined with all their technical specifications will help dad with his DIY this year and become an invaluable item, as they are so hardwearing and hold so many useful tools and equipment in the pockets – why not add in a builders pencil and measuring tape too when you gift them?!
4. Cineworld Giftcard From £10 It’s such a treat to visit the cinema to see a new blockbuster and it’s even better when you have been gifted a pre-loaded card from Cineworld! Adding a giftcard from Cineworld in dads Father’s day card will be a much loved gift as he can choose which new favourite movie to watch. What’s great about the giftcard is you can load it up with as much as you like from £10 and it’s ready to be used, perhaps dad will even take you with him! Take a look below for the giftcard designs you can choose from for dad this Sunday and if you head to the website you can browse through the films showing now. There are so many great films dads could choose this month such as – The Nice Guys, X-Men Apocalypse, Warcraft, and Bad Neighbours 2, unless dad wants to wait until next month to use his giftcard when he can watch Central Intelligence, The Legend Of Tarzan or Jason Bourne.
5. KitBrix Kit Bag £48.00 If you have a sporty dad what better place to do some Father’s Day shopping than KitBrix as they have such a great selection of professional grade kit whose whole ethos is to have exceptional functioning kit so you can get on with the sport you love. Their modular bags are ideal to pack and separate sports kits so they are easily accessed and ready to use when you want them. Having an ex-military triathlon dad in our house we have cheered him on from many a finish line and his triathlon kits and equipment have expanded over the years, so having dedicated competition bags which are sturdy and large enough for each sport and which connect to each other are ideal.
The Cycle KitBrix bag holds enough kit for a two day event plus helmet, comes in eight colour choices, has quick access for hydration/energy gels, security pockets within the bag, a rider ID pouch, a clear pocket for navigation route maps as well as a connecting zips to attach to the two other triathlon bags. Ideally the three KitBrix bags would be optimum – cycle, swim and run, so you can organise the event perfectly beforehand, this makes it so much easier to find kit during the competition! It’s no fun scrabbling around for your kit mid event as we have witnessed (timing is so important to contestants) so having a KitBrix (waterproof and hardwearing) will make the event run so much smoother and save precious minutes searching for kit. Given that the Pro Team Raleigh use the Cycle KitBrix you are in exceptional company and dad will thank you for such a useful piece of cycle storage – can I just add there will be a high chance he will put the bike and run KitBrix kit bags on his birthday and Christmas lists – so be prepared!
Not just for Triathletes of course, as you can customise the KitBrix for whatever your sporting needs, you can even have different colours for each family member and fit them neatly in the boot ready for when you need them. Plus you could add a First Aid KitBrix into the boot as well to ensure you are always prepared in case of any medical emergency. As a parent I’m keen to invest in a First Aid KitBrix, so I have a full medical kit at my disposal if and when I need it. Do take a look at the KitBrix website for many more gift ideas for dad this Father’s Day as they have practical sporting gifts from just £10.00.
5. Lindt Swiss Chocolates £13.99 The difference with gifting a box of Lindt chocolates In my opinion is the quality. You really get a luxury selection and this particular box in the photos below (chocolate selection 445g) has a delicious mixture of milk, dark and white chocolates to enjoy. It may be a cliché to gift chocolates for Father’s Day but I find they are always so well received (especially these luxury Swiss chocolates) as they are such a treat and even though it’s dads big day the family usually gets to share too! if you fancy treating dad to a box of delicious Lindt chocolates take a look on their website for a 20% Father’s Day discount.