Breast Cancer Awareness Month
This month it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, a subject close to my heart having lost my sister-in-law to Breast Cancer. Making my own daughters aware of the disease is very important to me. Highlighting October’s Breast Cancer Awareness with the campaign that The Pampered Chef and Cancer Research Uk are supporting is something that I have raised and talked about a lot with my girls.
This recipe, Pomegranate and Lime Ice-Cream is a joy to make as although you have to freeze overnight it is so easy to make. The pink colour comes from the gorgeous red of the pomegranates and when I wanted to share some recipes for Cancer Awareness month this is the pink recipe that came to mind. My daughters love this as it has a light sherbet taste from the limes and yet a delicate fruitiness from the pomegranates. The colour is a light pink that needs no extra food colouring , and it is so easy to put together, a perfect treat to make in advance for an end to a special meal.
- First juice the limes and the pomegranates and sieve the juices.
- In your food mixer add the juice and the icing sugar and whisk until the icing sugar has dissolved.
- Add the double cream to the mixture and whisk until you reach the soft peak stage.
- Transfer the finished mixture into a container, seal and freeze overnight or for at least five hours.
- Serve with or without pomegranate seeds.