This is such a great recipe to make ahead of time and you can even make it the day before and leave to set in the fridge overnight. The chocolate and orange flavour reminds me of Christmas and every time I make it one of the girls will sit with me in the kitchen and squeeze out the juice of the oranges, we have tried it with all different types and the recipe works especially well with clementines when they are in season. I think now that I see chocolate oranges in the shops that it would be the perfect addition to this recipe, I will have to try it with them instead of using milk and dark chocolate for an added kick.
- 1 Litre double cream
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 65g dark chocolate, chopped
- 65g caster sugar
- 7-8 leaves of gelatine
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- Zest of two oranges
- Add the gelatine leaves to a large bowl of water and let them soak for about 6-7 minutes.
- Heat the double cream until it is just boiling and then remove from the heat and add the chocolate and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add the zest and juice of the oranges and stir together before adding the gelatine the mixture will be smooth and to get a perfectly smooth and creamy finish sieve the mixture before adding to bowls to set in the fridge for at least two hours.
Thank you for reading, I hope you have enjoyed reading about my recipe for Chocolate Orange Bavarois. If you like what you read, subscribe to my blog by adding your e-mail address to the box on the right. You will be the first to hear of my updates.