Chocolate Brownies with Macadamia Nuts & Raspberries
It’s chocolate week this week so I decided to make this delicious fruit and nut version of the classic chocolate brownie. The tangy raspberry cuts through the richness of the chocolate really well, and the macadamia nuts are a favourite as they remind us of Australia so much.
100 g good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
100 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
100 g unsalted butter, cubed
285 g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
100 g plain flour
30 g cocoa powder
100 g macadamia nuts
85 g fresh raspberries
For the raspberry coulis
200 g fresh raspberries
50 g caster sugar
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat your oven to 170 C/ gas mark 3, grease and line a 20 cm square baking tin.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan with simmering water, taking care not to let the water touch the bowl, add the dark and milk chocolate and melt stirring slowly. Add the cubed butter and stir until melted, once smooth and fully melted leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture with the sugar and the vanilla bean paste until combined.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Add the raspberries and the macadamia nuts and gently fold into brownie mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and smooth with a palette knife.
- Bake in the oven for 30 -35 minutes, the top will be crispy but it will be soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool in the tin and once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
To make the raspberry couli
- Heat the water and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the raspberries and simmer for about five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pass though a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Set aside to cool, once cooled serve with the brownies.
I think this is a great bake for #ChocolateWeek, have you been making any chocolate dishes this week? I would love to know what you have been making, let me know in the comments box below.
Thank you for reading, if you liked what you read, subscribe to my blog by adding your e-mail address to the box on the right. You will be the first to hear of my updates.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
You can use the links below to follow my social media pages to keep current with all my new posts.